Restart - help to employ mature workers
What is a Restart wage subsidy?
A Restart wage subsidy is a financial incentive of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) that is available to qualifying businesses that employ eligible job seekers who are 50 years of age or over.
Payments are available over six months and you can negotiate how often you receive them. You may also be able to receive a kickstart payment of up to 40 per cent of the total wage subsidy after four weeks of a job starting.
Is my business eligible?
Your business is eligible for a Restart wage subsidy if it:
· has an Australian Business Number
· has not previously received a Restart wage subsidy for the same job seeker
· is not an Australian, state or territory government agency.
What types of jobs can I offer?
The job can be full time or part time and needs to be:
· for an average of 20 hours per week over the six months of the agreement
· work that complies with employment standards for the position (for example, is suitable work and pays as a minimum the national award wage).
Apprenticeships and traineeships are also eligible for Restart wage subsidies. The job cannot displace an existing employee, be a commission based, subcontracting or
a self-employment position, or work for an immediate family member.